Hillary aide tells journo to ‘F*** Off’ in heated email spat
New York: A top aide to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lost his temper while answering questions on America’s actions in Libya, and reportedly told a journalist to ‘f**** off.’
Philippe Reines got into a heated email spat with a BuzzFeed reporter Michael Hastings on Monday.
The row between Reines and Hastings began when the reporter emailed the Clinton aide with a series of questions about other ‘valuable intelligence’ that may have been left inside the consulate for CNN and others to find.
According to the New York Daily News, Reines replied with an exasperated-sounding ‘no,’ along with further explanations, while accusing Hastings of being “needlessly antagonistic.’
From there the exchange devolved into name-calling, with Hastings saying the official’s answers were ‘bullsh***’ and Reines calling the reporter an ‘unmitigated assh***’
"Now that we``ve gotten that out of our systems, have a good day. And by good day, I mean F*** Off,” Reines said in the email.
The conversation emerged after Reines accused CNN this weekend of reporting on the personal journal of slain U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens despite objections from his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday