Hillary aide tells journo to ‘F*** Off’ in heated email spat
New York: A top aide to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lost his temper while answering questions on America’s actions in Libya, and reportedly told a journalist to ‘f**** off.’
Philippe Reines got into a heated email spat with a BuzzFeed reporter Michael Hastings on Monday.
The row between Reines and Hastings began when the reporter emailed the Clinton aide with a series of questions about other ‘valuable intelligence’ that may have been left inside the consulate for CNN and others to find.
According to the New York Daily News, Reines replied with an exasperated-sounding ‘no,’ along with further explanations, while accusing Hastings of being “needlessly antagonistic.’
From there the exchange devolved into name-calling, with Hastings saying the official’s answers were ‘bullsh***’ and Reines calling the reporter an ‘unmitigated assh***’
"Now that we``ve gotten that out of our systems, have a good day. And by good day, I mean F*** Off,” Reines said in the email.
The conversation emerged after Reines accused CNN this weekend of reporting on the personal journal of slain U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens despite objections from his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'