Hillary aide tells journo to ‘F*** Off’ in heated email spat
New York: A top aide to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lost his temper while answering questions on America’s actions in Libya, and reportedly told a journalist to ‘f**** off.’
Philippe Reines got into a heated email spat with a BuzzFeed reporter Michael Hastings on Monday.
The row between Reines and Hastings began when the reporter emailed the Clinton aide with a series of questions about other ‘valuable intelligence’ that may have been left inside the consulate for CNN and others to find.
According to the New York Daily News, Reines replied with an exasperated-sounding ‘no,’ along with further explanations, while accusing Hastings of being “needlessly antagonistic.’
From there the exchange devolved into name-calling, with Hastings saying the official’s answers were ‘bullsh***’ and Reines calling the reporter an ‘unmitigated assh***’
"Now that we``ve gotten that out of our systems, have a good day. And by good day, I mean F*** Off,” Reines said in the email.
The conversation emerged after Reines accused CNN this weekend of reporting on the personal journal of slain U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens despite objections from his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video