Hillary arrives in Morocco in Middle East peace push
Marrakech: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived on Sunday in the Moroccan city of Marrakech on the next stop in her diplomatic mission to re-launch the stalled Middle East peace process.
In Marrakech, the US top diplomat is scheduled to meet on Monday and Tuesday with her Arab counterparts attending the sixth Forum for the Future, jointly organised by Morocco and Italy.
Hillary travelled to the northwest African country after talks in the Middle East with Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The United States is pushing both sides to resume peace negotiations which were suspended after the Israeli offensive against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip last December and January.
The situation in the Middle East and the dialogue between the West and the Islamic world will be the two main themes at a dinner debate at the Forum on Monday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP