Hillary Clinton accepts humanitarian award in NYC
New York: Former US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton praised the efforts of a group combatting malnutrition and blindness during an awards speech in New York City.
Clinton delivered the remarks yesterday while being honored with the 2013 Helen Keller Humanitarian Award from Helen Keller International.
Clinton continues to be spoken of as a possible presidential candidate in 2016.
But earlier this month, former President Bill Clinton said speculating on his wife`s political future is a waste of time and that the nation should be more focused on fixing its problems.
He also said she is "having a little fun being a private citizen for the first time in 20 years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test