`Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama most admired in 2012`
Washington: Americans have voted Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama as the most admired people in the world, according to Gallup polls.
Clinton has been the Most Admired Woman each of the last 11 years, and Obama has been the Most Admired Man five years in a row.
Obama`s wife Michelle, talk show host Oprah Winfrey, and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice are next in line behind Clinton on the Most Admired Woman list, while South African leader Nelson Mandela, Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, evangelist Billy Graham, former President George W Bush, and Pope Benedict XVI follow Obama as Most Admired Man.
These results are based on a Dec 19-22 USA Today/Gallup poll. Gallup`s Most Admired question is open-ended, asking Americans to name, without prompting, the man and the woman they most admire living in any part of the world.
Clinton`s first-place finish this year further solidifies her position as the most often named Most Admired Woman in Gallup`s history - a total of 17 times going back to her first year as first lady in 1993.
Clinton missed being Most Admired in 1995 and 1996 when she finished second to Mother Teresa, and in 2001, when she was second to then first lady Laura Bush.
This year, there were no men on the top 10 list from the world of business, while last year that group included Warren Buffet, Donald Trump, and Bill Gates.
Last year`s lists for both men and women reflected the then-active Republican primary process and included Newt Gingrich on the men`s list and Michele Bachmann on the women`s list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli