Hillary Clinton condemns Iraq bombings
Washington: Reiterating that those
involved in extremist attacks will be pursued and brought to
justice, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Tuesday condemned
the series of bombings in Iraq over the past few weeks.
"The United States joins leaders of all communities in
Iraq in condemning the bombings that have taken place over the
past several weeks in various places across Iraq," Clinton
said in a statement on her return from Africa.
"In particular, we condemn the repeated targeting of
Shi`a places of worship and most recently ethnic Shabak and
Yezidi villages in Ninewa province," she said.
Clinton said these attacks are reprehensible acts of
extremists who are continuously attempting to ignite violence
among people who desire to live in peace, despite being from
different sectarian and ethnic groups.
"We reiterate the Iraqi Government`s call that those
individuals or groups responsible for these horrific acts will
be pursued and brought to justice in accordance with Iraqi
law," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie