`Hillary Clinton has blood clot in brain, full recovery expected`
Washington: Doctors are confident that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will make a full recovery despite the discovery of a potentially dangerous blood clot between the brain and the skull behind her right ear.
The clot did not result in any stroke or neurological damage, her doctors at a New York hospital said Monday as they treated her with blood thinners to help dissolve the clot located in a vein.
Clinton was admitted to New York Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday due to the clot that was discovered during a follow-up exam related to a concussion she suffered in December, her spokesman, Philippe Reines, said.
Clinton, who is planning to retire from public life once her designated successor senator John Kerry is confirmed by the Senate, would be released once the medication dose had been established, doctors said.
"In all other aspects of her recovery, the secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff," Clinton`s doctors were quoted as saying by CNN.
Clinton, 65, was suffering from a stomach virus earlier this month when she fainted because of dehydration, causing the concussion.
She was scheduled to return to work at the State Department this week. Her illness forced her to bow out of testifying Dec 20 before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on the deadly attack on a US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.
Deputies Thomas Nides and Bill Burns appeared in her place as she offered to appear before the Congress in January to give her testimony on the contentious subject that became a major election issue and forced US ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice to withdraw herself from consideration as Clinton`s successor.
In her busy tenure as secretary of state, she has logged more than 400 travel days and nearly a million miles on trips around the world that took her a couple of times to India too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing