Hillary Clinton in Kenya to press democracy
Nairobi: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is in Kenya to press the country`s leaders on the importance of democratic elections.
Hillary is meeting top Kenyan officials today and urging them to avoid a repeat of the 2007 presidential vote when national polls are held next year. The 2007 vote resulted in widespread violence.
She will also meet members of Somalia`s transitional government and regional leaders as they prepare to hold elections in 2013.
Hillary arrived in Kenya from Uganda today and is on the fourth leg of an 11-day tour of Africa. The trip began in Senegal and will take her next to Malawi and South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations