Hillary Clinton in Kenya to press democracy
Nairobi: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is in Kenya to press the country`s leaders on the importance of democratic elections.
Hillary is meeting top Kenyan officials today and urging them to avoid a repeat of the 2007 presidential vote when national polls are held next year. The 2007 vote resulted in widespread violence.
She will also meet members of Somalia`s transitional government and regional leaders as they prepare to hold elections in 2013.
Hillary arrived in Kenya from Uganda today and is on the fourth leg of an 11-day tour of Africa. The trip began in Senegal and will take her next to Malawi and South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another