Hillary Clinton meets Egyptian Army Chief Tantawi
Cairo: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Sunday held talks with the head of Egypt`s Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi.
She arrived in Cairo Saturday on a two-day visit and is so far the top US official to have visited Egypt since Mohamed Mursi assumed the presidency June 30, Xinhua reported.
During Sunday`s meeting between Clinton and Tantawi, the latest developments in Egypt and the region as well as ways to boost bilateral relations were discussed.
Some SCAF members and US ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson were also present on this occasion.
Clinton also met some prominent Egyptian Christian figures in the American embassy headquarter in Cairo.
On Saturday, Clinton had held talks with President Mursi to boost bilateral relations. They also discussed Egypt`s transition process to democracy and ways to boost bilateral relations, in addition to regional issues such as the Syrian crisis and the peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch