Hillary Clinton meets Egyptian Army Chief Tantawi
Cairo: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Sunday held talks with the head of Egypt`s Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi.
She arrived in Cairo Saturday on a two-day visit and is so far the top US official to have visited Egypt since Mohamed Mursi assumed the presidency June 30, Xinhua reported.
During Sunday`s meeting between Clinton and Tantawi, the latest developments in Egypt and the region as well as ways to boost bilateral relations were discussed.
Some SCAF members and US ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson were also present on this occasion.
Clinton also met some prominent Egyptian Christian figures in the American embassy headquarter in Cairo.
On Saturday, Clinton had held talks with President Mursi to boost bilateral relations. They also discussed Egypt`s transition process to democracy and ways to boost bilateral relations, in addition to regional issues such as the Syrian crisis and the peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?