Hillary Clinton plans to return to office next week
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who is resting at home in New York after being treated for a potentially dangerous blood clot in her head, plans to return to her office next week, the State Department has said.
"Some of the senior staff who spoke to her about half an hour ago say that she`s sounding terrific, upbeat, raring to go. She`s looking forward to getting back to the office," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
A day after her discharge from hospital, where she was admitted over the weekend due to a blood clot in her head, Hillary was resting at home.
Hillary, 65, has not been seen in public since December 07, after a blood clot was discovered in a vein between her skull and the brain.
She was admitted to a New York hospital on Sunday after she fainted and fell down while recovering from a stomach infection.
"She is very much planning to do so next week, and we`ll have further precise details about that as she continues to make progress," she said.
The State Department has said that Hillary is keeping up with her work by talking to her staff and receiving memos.
Yesterday, Hillary dialled into meeting of the Foreign Policy Advisory Board.
The "conversation focused on a number of long-term issues, including energy and climate policy, expeditionary diplomacy, and foreign policy priorities for President Obama`s second term," Nuland said.
"The Secretary closed by wishing the board a Happy New year, noting she`s planning on returning to the office next week," according to a statement released later.
Responding to reporter`s questions, Nuland said the State Department is in talks with the Congressional leaders for her testimony on Benghazi incident that killed three US nationals including the US Ambassador to Libya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!