`Hillary Clinton seems pretty set to leave`
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seems to be pretty set in her plan to leave the office of the top American diplomat at the end of the first term of US President Barack Obama, a senior State Department official said on Wednesday.
"She seems pretty set in her plans; I think you probably misread a little bit the way the comment came out earlier," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference responding to recent media reports that Hillary might stay longer and in the second term of Obama Administration, which begins on January 21.
Her remarks in a recent interview were being inferred that "she might stay" but the State Department spokesperson refuted such conclusion.
"What she was talking about was that she would ensure that the transition to her successor happens smoothly, and I think that`s still her intention," Nuland said.
"I don`t think the Secretary`s plans have changed. You`ve heard her say many times that she intends to see through a transition of a successor and then she will go back to private life and enjoy some rest, and think and write and all those things," Nuland said in response to a question.
Till then, she said, Hillary would continue with her task.
"I think we`re going to continue to work very vigorously. She has her personal diplomacy that she does with the parties. I think that will continue, as will all of our efforts," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users