`Hillary Clinton seems pretty set to leave`
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seems to be pretty set in her plan to leave the office of the top American diplomat at the end of the first term of US President Barack Obama, a senior State Department official said on Wednesday.
"She seems pretty set in her plans; I think you probably misread a little bit the way the comment came out earlier," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference responding to recent media reports that Hillary might stay longer and in the second term of Obama Administration, which begins on January 21.
Her remarks in a recent interview were being inferred that "she might stay" but the State Department spokesperson refuted such conclusion.
"What she was talking about was that she would ensure that the transition to her successor happens smoothly, and I think that`s still her intention," Nuland said.
"I don`t think the Secretary`s plans have changed. You`ve heard her say many times that she intends to see through a transition of a successor and then she will go back to private life and enjoy some rest, and think and write and all those things," Nuland said in response to a question.
Till then, she said, Hillary would continue with her task.
"I think we`re going to continue to work very vigorously. She has her personal diplomacy that she does with the parties. I think that will continue, as will all of our efforts," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you