Hillary Clinton to skip Democrat convention
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will miss the Democratic Party convention to build ties in Asia.
Hillary, the most travelled secretary of state in the US history, was heading from a summit in Cook Islands to Indonesia before she meets China’s top leaders on Tuesday and Wednesday in Beijing.
According to the Herald Sun, she is also representing President Barack Obama at an Asia-Pacific summit in Vladivostok on September 08-09.
Obama will be formally launching his re-election bid at the Democratic convention in North Carolina.
According to the report, asked about China’s growing influence in the South Pacific, Hillary said that the United States wanted a ‘comprehensive, positive, co-operative relationship’ between the world’s two largest economies.
“We think it is good for our country, it’s good for our people and, in fact, it’s not only good for this region, it’s good for the world,” Hillary added.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015