Hillary Clinton to skip Democrat convention
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will miss the Democratic Party convention to build ties in Asia.
Hillary, the most travelled secretary of state in the US history, was heading from a summit in Cook Islands to Indonesia before she meets China’s top leaders on Tuesday and Wednesday in Beijing.
According to the Herald Sun, she is also representing President Barack Obama at an Asia-Pacific summit in Vladivostok on September 08-09.
Obama will be formally launching his re-election bid at the Democratic convention in North Carolina.
According to the report, asked about China’s growing influence in the South Pacific, Hillary said that the United States wanted a ‘comprehensive, positive, co-operative relationship’ between the world’s two largest economies.
“We think it is good for our country, it’s good for our people and, in fact, it’s not only good for this region, it’s good for the world,” Hillary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?