Hillary Clinton to skip Democrat convention
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will miss the Democratic Party convention to build ties in Asia.
Hillary, the most travelled secretary of state in the US history, was heading from a summit in Cook Islands to Indonesia before she meets China’s top leaders on Tuesday and Wednesday in Beijing.
According to the Herald Sun, she is also representing President Barack Obama at an Asia-Pacific summit in Vladivostok on September 08-09.
Obama will be formally launching his re-election bid at the Democratic convention in North Carolina.
According to the report, asked about China’s growing influence in the South Pacific, Hillary said that the United States wanted a ‘comprehensive, positive, co-operative relationship’ between the world’s two largest economies.
“We think it is good for our country, it’s good for our people and, in fact, it’s not only good for this region, it’s good for the world,” Hillary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing