Hillary Clinton to skip Democrat convention
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will miss the Democratic Party convention to build ties in Asia.
Hillary, the most travelled secretary of state in the US history, was heading from a summit in Cook Islands to Indonesia before she meets China’s top leaders on Tuesday and Wednesday in Beijing.
According to the Herald Sun, she is also representing President Barack Obama at an Asia-Pacific summit in Vladivostok on September 08-09.
Obama will be formally launching his re-election bid at the Democratic convention in North Carolina.
According to the report, asked about China’s growing influence in the South Pacific, Hillary said that the United States wanted a ‘comprehensive, positive, co-operative relationship’ between the world’s two largest economies.
“We think it is good for our country, it’s good for our people and, in fact, it’s not only good for this region, it’s good for the world,” Hillary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days