Hillary Clinton to testify on Benghazi attack
Washington: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will testify before a key Congressional committee on the deadly attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi in which the US Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed.
"I have just received confirmation from Secretary Clinton’s office that the Secretary of State will appear before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs to discuss, in an open hearing, the findings and recommendations in the report from the accountability review board (ARB) concerning the terrorist attack against our diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya," Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, said.
No date has been for the hearing has been announced yet.
The release of the ARB report is expected next week and she could testify soon thereafter before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
The attack killed US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, and raised questions about the adequacy of security in far-flung posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30