Hillary Clinton to testify on Benghazi attack
Washington: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will testify before a key Congressional committee on the deadly attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi in which the US Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed.
"I have just received confirmation from Secretary Clinton’s office that the Secretary of State will appear before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs to discuss, in an open hearing, the findings and recommendations in the report from the accountability review board (ARB) concerning the terrorist attack against our diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya," Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, said.
No date has been for the hearing has been announced yet.
The release of the ARB report is expected next week and she could testify soon thereafter before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
The attack killed US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, and raised questions about the adequacy of security in far-flung posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list