Hillary Clinton tops Obama as ‘most popular politician` in US
Johannesburg: Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been voted as the most popular political figure in the United States, much ahead of President Barack Obama, who has slipped from his former popularity, according to a recent poll.
According to a survey by Quinnipiac University, Clinton has 61 percent popularity among US voters, as compared to Obama, who had a positive-negative favourability of 46-51 percent, News24 reports.
But the president`s job approval numbers were tagged at 45-46 percent, decreasing from the 40-53 percent figures he scored in December after his re-election victory.
According to Peter Brown, assistant director of Quinnipiac`s polling institute, Clinton ended her term as the Secretary of State as the most popular actor on the political stage of America.
Other notable political figures in the poll, which surveyed 1772 registered voters, included Vice President Joe Biden with a 41-46 percent favourability rating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi