Hillary Clinton tops Obama as ‘most popular politician` in US
Johannesburg: Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been voted as the most popular political figure in the United States, much ahead of President Barack Obama, who has slipped from his former popularity, according to a recent poll.
According to a survey by Quinnipiac University, Clinton has 61 percent popularity among US voters, as compared to Obama, who had a positive-negative favourability of 46-51 percent, News24 reports.
But the president`s job approval numbers were tagged at 45-46 percent, decreasing from the 40-53 percent figures he scored in December after his re-election victory.
According to Peter Brown, assistant director of Quinnipiac`s polling institute, Clinton ended her term as the Secretary of State as the most popular actor on the political stage of America.
Other notable political figures in the poll, which surveyed 1772 registered voters, included Vice President Joe Biden with a 41-46 percent favourability rating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves