Hillary Clinton tops Obama as ‘most popular politician` in US
Johannesburg: Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been voted as the most popular political figure in the United States, much ahead of President Barack Obama, who has slipped from his former popularity, according to a recent poll.
According to a survey by Quinnipiac University, Clinton has 61 percent popularity among US voters, as compared to Obama, who had a positive-negative favourability of 46-51 percent, News24 reports.
But the president`s job approval numbers were tagged at 45-46 percent, decreasing from the 40-53 percent figures he scored in December after his re-election victory.
According to Peter Brown, assistant director of Quinnipiac`s polling institute, Clinton ended her term as the Secretary of State as the most popular actor on the political stage of America.
Other notable political figures in the poll, which surveyed 1772 registered voters, included Vice President Joe Biden with a 41-46 percent favourability rating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert