Hillary Clinton tops Obama as ‘most popular politician` in US
Johannesburg: Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been voted as the most popular political figure in the United States, much ahead of President Barack Obama, who has slipped from his former popularity, according to a recent poll.
According to a survey by Quinnipiac University, Clinton has 61 percent popularity among US voters, as compared to Obama, who had a positive-negative favourability of 46-51 percent, News24 reports.
But the president`s job approval numbers were tagged at 45-46 percent, decreasing from the 40-53 percent figures he scored in December after his re-election victory.
According to Peter Brown, assistant director of Quinnipiac`s polling institute, Clinton ended her term as the Secretary of State as the most popular actor on the political stage of America.
Other notable political figures in the poll, which surveyed 1772 registered voters, included Vice President Joe Biden with a 41-46 percent favourability rating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?