Hillary Clinton’s campaign supporters indicted
Washington: Two Virginia businessmen were charged on Wednesday in an alleged conspiracy to illegally reimburse campaign donors for USD 186,600 in contributions to a 2008 presidential candidate and to the candidate`s 2006 Senate campaign.
Federal campaign finance records show that both men were donors to Hillary Rodham Clinton`s campaigns in 2006 and 2008.
A grand jury indictment handed up in federal court in Alexandria, Virginia, also accuses William P Danielczyk Jr and Eugene R Biagi of covering up the reimbursements.
The two men allegedly distributed back-dated letters to 15 contributors that falsely characterised reimbursements for contributions as "consulting fees”. The indictment alleges the two men also created checks to 17 contributors containing a memorandum line falsely stating that each check was for "consulting fees”.
Besides conspiracy and obstruction of justice, Danielczyk, 49, and Biagi, 76, were accused of two counts of reimbursing contributions and one count of using corporate funds to reimburse contributions. The indictment also charges Danielczyk with two counts of causing false statements to be submitted to the Federal Election Commission.
The two men, who live in the Washington suburb of Oakton, Virginia, allegedly reimbursed USD 30,200 to eight contributors to the 2006 Senate campaign, and reimbursed USD 156,400 to 35 contributors to the 2008 presidential campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400