Hillary Clinton`s Chicago speech hints at possible run for Prez post in 2016
Zee Media Bureau
Chicago: In her speech on Friday at Clinton Global Initiative America (CGI America) in Chicago, US’ former secretary of state Hillary Clinton outlined the agenda she plans to pursue in her family foundation and rechristened it the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation, at the do.
Clinton, in what experts said sounded like an envisioning of 2016 campaign platform, said she would focus on early childhood education opportunities for women and girls, and the need for economic development in the United States.
Hillary, who was introduced by her husband, former US President Bill Clinton, took the stage at the Sheraton Hotel and interspersed her speech with anecdotes about her childhood in nearby Park Ridge, and gave observers a glance into what her 2016 campaign would look like.
"When women participate in the economy, everyone benefits. This also should be a no-brainer," Clinton said.
"When women participate in peacemaking and peacekeeping, we are all safer and more secure. And when women participate in politics, the effects ripple out across society," she added.
Her comments, since her Twitter debut a few days ago, are being scanned by political watchers for any giveaways into what 2016 could hold for her—whether she’ll run for president and what that bid might look like.
So, understandably, her call to level the field (also the White House) for women, was of utmost importance.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP