Hillary condemns the death of USAID officer in Afghan
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and USAID Administrator Raj Shah on Thursday condemned the suicide attack in Afghanistan that killed one of its bright Foreign Service officers, but vowed to continue with the developmental work in the war-torn country.
The USAID Foreign Service Officer Ragaei Abdelfattah was killed along with three ISAF service members and an Afghan civilian, besides injuring a State Department Foreign Service Officer.
"Ragaei`s work over the last year was critical to our efforts to support Afghanistan`s political, economic, and security transitions and was an example of the highest standards of service," Hillary said in a statement.
"With the work of people such as Ragaei, the civilian surge we launched in Afghanistan in 2009 has made a tremendous impact, strengthening the capacity of the Afghan government and laying a foundation for long-term sustainable development. Though we are shocked and saddened by this loss and will miss Ragaei, our efforts will continue," Hillary said.
Sending his deepest condolences to the family of Ragaei, the USAID Administrator, Raj Shah, said this is a testament to the deep commitment and sacrifice of the dedicated staff who serve in conflict countries like Afghanistan around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?