Hillary faces questions about wealth and health
Washington: After being questioned about her wealth, Hillary Clinton considered a shoo-in for the Democratic nomination in the 2016 presidential poll, is facing new questions about her health.
A new provocative work by bestselling author Ed Klein claims that the former first lady and secretary of state`s "health problems are much more severe than she has publicly revealed," according to Drudge Report, an American news aggregation website.
"She had managed to keep her medical history secret out of fear that, should it become public, it would disqualify her from becoming president," writes Klein in "Blood Feud" due out this week.
According to excerpts published by Drudge Report "Hillary fainted while she was working in her seventh-floor office at the State Department" and was flown to New York-Presbyterian Hospital at the instance of her husband and former president Bill Clinton.
There Hillary Clinton was diagnosed with several problems: "She had a right transverse venous thrombosis, or a blood clot between her brain and skull. She had developed the clot in one of the veins that drains blood from the brain to the heart."
"The doctors explained that blood stagnates when you spend a lot of time on airplanes, and Hillary had clocked countless hours flying around the world," the excerpts said.
"To make matters worse, it turned out that Hillary had an intrinsic tendency to form clots and faint," the book claimed.
"In addition to the fainting spell she suffered in Buffalo a few years before, she had fainted boarding her plane in Yemen, fallen and fractured her elbow in 2009, and suffered other unspecified fainting episodes."
"The unique thing about clotting in the brain is that it could have transformed into a stroke," the report said citing a cardiac specialist with knowledge of Hillary`s condition.
Before the new revelations about her health, Clinton has had to face questions about her wealth during "the tightly orchestrated book tour for her new memoir" that "has closely resembled a campaign," according to CNN.
Clinton`s first misstep came when she told ABC at the start of her book tour this month that she and her family "came out of the White House not only dead broke but in debt," adding later that her family had "no money" at that time.
The news channel noted Hillary Clinton and her husband "were obviously well positioned to quickly capitalize on the post-presidential custom of cashing in".
She also "had a massive book advance in the works and, along with the former president, the prospect of making millions. This is what fuelled cries of hypocrisy."
"And while pro-Clinton Democrats have defended her, others in the party have begun to knock her - some more subtly than others. They also say she`s out of touch," CNN said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened