Hillary gives thumbs-up to new Bush memoir
New York: Critics are mixed about George W
Bush`s memoir, but the former president has received a rave
from a fellow White House alumnus, Bill Clinton.
"`Decision Points` is well-written and interesting from
start to finish. I think people of all political stripes
should read it," Clinton said in a statement released on Friday.
"George W. Bush also gives readers a good sense of what
it`s like to be president, to take the responsibilities of the
office seriously, do what you think is right, and let history
be the judge. The book may not change the minds of those who
disagree with decisions President Bush made, but it will help
you to understand better the forces that molded him, and the
convictions that drove him to make those decisions."
Clinton is friendly with Bush and Bush`s father, former
President George H W Bush, whom Clinton defeated for
re-election in 1992. The bond between Clinton and the elder
Bush is noted in "Decision Points", which came out Tuesday.
Clinton never ran against the younger Bush, but he is
winning so far in a key ex-presidential competition: Book
sales. According to Random House, Inc, which published
"Decision Points" and Clinton`s "My Life", Bush`s memoir had
first-day sales of around 220,000 copies.
"My Life", released in 2004, debuted with sales of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH