Hillary highlights Afghan security, human rights
Dushanbe: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is urging Afghanistan`s Central Asian neighbours to play a role in securing and rebuilding the war-torn nation. She`s also pressing authorities in the region on human rights.
Hillary told an audience in Tajikistan on Saturday that Afghanistan`s reintegration into the regional economy would be critical to its recovery as well as improving conditions in surrounding countries.
She says that historically Afghanistan has been a place where many different nations have vied for power and influence.
Hillary also says she will raise the issue of human rights when she meets with leaders in the region.
Hillary is visiting Tajikistan and Uzbekistan this weekend as she wraps up a South and Central Asia tour focused on securing and stabilising Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!