Hillary highlights Afghan security, human rights
Dushanbe: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is urging Afghanistan`s Central Asian neighbours to play a role in securing and rebuilding the war-torn nation. She`s also pressing authorities in the region on human rights.
Hillary told an audience in Tajikistan on Saturday that Afghanistan`s reintegration into the regional economy would be critical to its recovery as well as improving conditions in surrounding countries.
She says that historically Afghanistan has been a place where many different nations have vied for power and influence.
Hillary also says she will raise the issue of human rights when she meets with leaders in the region.
Hillary is visiting Tajikistan and Uzbekistan this weekend as she wraps up a South and Central Asia tour focused on securing and stabilising Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan can help US destabilise Taliban: Senator Bob Corker
- North Korean leader`s aunt runs dry-cleaner in US: Reports
- Bipul Sharma: What you need to know about SunRisers Hyderabad's gamechanger
- Women too post sexist comments on Twitter, reveals study
- Thai man whose penis was bitten by 10-foot long python in toilet recovering