Hillary highlights Afghan security, human rights
Dushanbe: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is urging Afghanistan`s Central Asian neighbours to play a role in securing and rebuilding the war-torn nation. She`s also pressing authorities in the region on human rights.
Hillary told an audience in Tajikistan on Saturday that Afghanistan`s reintegration into the regional economy would be critical to its recovery as well as improving conditions in surrounding countries.
She says that historically Afghanistan has been a place where many different nations have vied for power and influence.
Hillary also says she will raise the issue of human rights when she meets with leaders in the region.
Hillary is visiting Tajikistan and Uzbekistan this weekend as she wraps up a South and Central Asia tour focused on securing and stabilising Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray