Hillary in Hawaii for talks with Japan FM
Honolulu: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is in Hawaii, where she is meeting top brass from the US Pacific Command and Japan`s foreign minister to discuss regional security issues dominated by an increasingly assertive China.
Clinton arrived in Honolulu on Wednesday at the start of a seven-nation trip to Asia that is aimed at cementing ties with some of China`s nervous neighbors. It`s part of the Obama administration`s efforts to counter Beijing`s growing clout in a region where America has traditionally been the dominant power.
Before leaving for Vietnam on Thursday, Clinton will see Japanese foreign minister Seiji Maehara and U.S. Pacific Command chief Adm. Robert Willard, and deliver a speech on America`s leadership role in the Asia-Pacific region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'