Hillary in Hawaii for talks with Japan FM
Honolulu: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is in Hawaii, where she is meeting top brass from the US Pacific Command and Japan`s foreign minister to discuss regional security issues dominated by an increasingly assertive China.
Clinton arrived in Honolulu on Wednesday at the start of a seven-nation trip to Asia that is aimed at cementing ties with some of China`s nervous neighbors. It`s part of the Obama administration`s efforts to counter Beijing`s growing clout in a region where America has traditionally been the dominant power.
Before leaving for Vietnam on Thursday, Clinton will see Japanese foreign minister Seiji Maehara and U.S. Pacific Command chief Adm. Robert Willard, and deliver a speech on America`s leadership role in the Asia-Pacific region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital