Hillary in hospital: Chelsea thanks docs, public for support
New York: While US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton remained hospitalized for treatment of a blood clot in her head, her daughter Chelsea has tweeted from her bedside, thanking the doctors and public for their support.
Clinton, 65, was admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday after doctors discovered a blood clot related to the concussion she suffered last month after she fainted and fell down while recovering from a stomach infection.
She is being treated with blood thinners to help dissolve the clot, which is located in a vein behind her right ear that helps carry blood away from the brain.
Chelsea thanked the public via Twitter for their support while her mother is admitted to hospital.
`Thank you to all for sending good thoughts my Mom`s way,` she tweeted yesterday. `Grateful to all her doctors & that she`ll make a full recovery!`
`Wishing all a healthy & happy 2013,` Chelsea tweeted. `Grateful to be starting the New Year with my family.`
Chelsea was also photographed with her face full of anguish as she left the hospital after visiting her ailing mother.
Hillary Clinton`s husband and former President Bill Clinton has been spotted driving to and from the hospital in Washington Heights for much of the past 48 hours, US media reports said.
In a statement yesterday, doctors assured it was not a life-threatening condition and assured Clinton had suffered no brain damage or stroke.
"In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff,` Drs Lisa Bardack and Gigi El-Bayoumi said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'