Hillary in hospital: Chelsea thanks docs, public for support
New York: While US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton remained hospitalized for treatment of a blood clot in her head, her daughter Chelsea has tweeted from her bedside, thanking the doctors and public for their support.
Clinton, 65, was admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday after doctors discovered a blood clot related to the concussion she suffered last month after she fainted and fell down while recovering from a stomach infection.
She is being treated with blood thinners to help dissolve the clot, which is located in a vein behind her right ear that helps carry blood away from the brain.
Chelsea thanked the public via Twitter for their support while her mother is admitted to hospital.
`Thank you to all for sending good thoughts my Mom`s way,` she tweeted yesterday. `Grateful to all her doctors & that she`ll make a full recovery!`
`Wishing all a healthy & happy 2013,` Chelsea tweeted. `Grateful to be starting the New Year with my family.`
Chelsea was also photographed with her face full of anguish as she left the hospital after visiting her ailing mother.
Hillary Clinton`s husband and former President Bill Clinton has been spotted driving to and from the hospital in Washington Heights for much of the past 48 hours, US media reports said.
In a statement yesterday, doctors assured it was not a life-threatening condition and assured Clinton had suffered no brain damage or stroke.
"In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff,` Drs Lisa Bardack and Gigi El-Bayoumi said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...