Hillary indicates longer stay as Secretary of State
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who had earlier announced that she would quit her post at the end of President Barack Obama`s first term, has now indicated that she may continue for a bit longer.
"A lot of people have talked to me about staying," Clinton told The Wall Street Journal, but declined to be more specific.
When asked if current events will force her departure date to slip, she said it was "unlikely," but for the first time left open a possibility for the short term, the daily reported.
For months Hillary has been insisting that she would leave the job once the first term of Obama comes to an end on January 21.
"I have ruled it out. It`s important for me to step off this incredibly high wire I`ve been on, to take stock of the rest of my life," Hillary had said in one of her numerous interviews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan