Hillary indicates longer stay as Secretary of State
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who had earlier announced that she would quit her post at the end of President Barack Obama`s first term, has now indicated that she may continue for a bit longer.
"A lot of people have talked to me about staying," Clinton told The Wall Street Journal, but declined to be more specific.
When asked if current events will force her departure date to slip, she said it was "unlikely," but for the first time left open a possibility for the short term, the daily reported.
For months Hillary has been insisting that she would leave the job once the first term of Obama comes to an end on January 21.
"I have ruled it out. It`s important for me to step off this incredibly high wire I`ve been on, to take stock of the rest of my life," Hillary had said in one of her numerous interviews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened