Hillary indicates longer stay as Secretary of State
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who had earlier announced that she would quit her post at the end of President Barack Obama`s first term, has now indicated that she may continue for a bit longer.
"A lot of people have talked to me about staying," Clinton told The Wall Street Journal, but declined to be more specific.
When asked if current events will force her departure date to slip, she said it was "unlikely," but for the first time left open a possibility for the short term, the daily reported.
For months Hillary has been insisting that she would leave the job once the first term of Obama comes to an end on January 21.
"I have ruled it out. It`s important for me to step off this incredibly high wire I`ve been on, to take stock of the rest of my life," Hillary had said in one of her numerous interviews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter