Hillary ‘initially rejected secretary of state offer over hubby’
London: Hillary Clinton had initially refused to become the US secretary of state because of her husband/controversial former president Bill Clinton, it has emerged.
John Heilemann and Mark Halperin’s new book titled ‘Game Change’ reveals that Hillary had out rightly rejected the-then President elect Barrack Obama’s offer.
However, she confessed her fear when Obama called her second time.
"At that point she says, ‘`There`s one last thing that`s a problem, which is my husband. You`ve seen what this is like. It will be a circus if I take this job’," the New York Post quoted Heilemann, as telling the CBS show.
However, Halerpin claims that Obama was desperate to have Hillary in his team.
He added: "Obama comes back and shows vulnerability to her. He says to her, `Given the economic crisis, given all I have to deal with, I need your help’."
The book will soon hit stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!