Hillary ‘initially rejected secretary of state offer over hubby’
London: Hillary Clinton had initially refused to become the US secretary of state because of her husband/controversial former president Bill Clinton, it has emerged.
John Heilemann and Mark Halperin’s new book titled ‘Game Change’ reveals that Hillary had out rightly rejected the-then President elect Barrack Obama’s offer.
However, she confessed her fear when Obama called her second time.
"At that point she says, ‘`There`s one last thing that`s a problem, which is my husband. You`ve seen what this is like. It will be a circus if I take this job’," the New York Post quoted Heilemann, as telling the CBS show.
However, Halerpin claims that Obama was desperate to have Hillary in his team.
He added: "Obama comes back and shows vulnerability to her. He says to her, `Given the economic crisis, given all I have to deal with, I need your help’."
The book will soon hit stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?