Hillary ‘initially rejected secretary of state offer over hubby’
London: Hillary Clinton had initially refused to become the US secretary of state because of her husband/controversial former president Bill Clinton, it has emerged.
John Heilemann and Mark Halperin’s new book titled ‘Game Change’ reveals that Hillary had out rightly rejected the-then President elect Barrack Obama’s offer.
However, she confessed her fear when Obama called her second time.
"At that point she says, ‘`There`s one last thing that`s a problem, which is my husband. You`ve seen what this is like. It will be a circus if I take this job’," the New York Post quoted Heilemann, as telling the CBS show.
However, Halerpin claims that Obama was desperate to have Hillary in his team.
He added: "Obama comes back and shows vulnerability to her. He says to her, `Given the economic crisis, given all I have to deal with, I need your help’."
The book will soon hit stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter