Hillary ‘initially rejected secretary of state offer over hubby’
London: Hillary Clinton had initially refused to become the US secretary of state because of her husband/controversial former president Bill Clinton, it has emerged.
John Heilemann and Mark Halperin’s new book titled ‘Game Change’ reveals that Hillary had out rightly rejected the-then President elect Barrack Obama’s offer.
However, she confessed her fear when Obama called her second time.
"At that point she says, ‘`There`s one last thing that`s a problem, which is my husband. You`ve seen what this is like. It will be a circus if I take this job’," the New York Post quoted Heilemann, as telling the CBS show.
However, Halerpin claims that Obama was desperate to have Hillary in his team.
He added: "Obama comes back and shows vulnerability to her. He says to her, `Given the economic crisis, given all I have to deal with, I need your help’."
The book will soon hit stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves