Hillary ‘initially rejected secretary of state offer over hubby’
London: Hillary Clinton had initially refused to become the US secretary of state because of her husband/controversial former president Bill Clinton, it has emerged.
John Heilemann and Mark Halperin’s new book titled ‘Game Change’ reveals that Hillary had out rightly rejected the-then President elect Barrack Obama’s offer.
However, she confessed her fear when Obama called her second time.
"At that point she says, ‘`There`s one last thing that`s a problem, which is my husband. You`ve seen what this is like. It will be a circus if I take this job’," the New York Post quoted Heilemann, as telling the CBS show.
However, Halerpin claims that Obama was desperate to have Hillary in his team.
He added: "Obama comes back and shows vulnerability to her. He says to her, `Given the economic crisis, given all I have to deal with, I need your help’."
The book will soon hit stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account