Hillary says `comfort women` is incorrect term
Seoul: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said the term "comfort women," a euphemism for Asian women who were forced to serve as prostitutes for the Japanese military during World War II, is wrong and that they should be referred to as "enforced sex slaves," a Seoul daily reported today, citing a diplomatic source in Seoul.
The source, cited by the Chosun Ilbo, said Clinton, while being briefed on the Japanese occupation of Korea, corrected a US State Department official who referred to the victims as "comfort women."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter