Hillary says Pak knows abt Osama,Gilani asks proof
Washington: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani today said neither Osama bin Laden nor Afghan Taliban
leader Mullah Omar were present in Pakistan, a day after US
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s assertion that the
al-Qaeda chief is still in the country.
Gilani said the US should provide "credible and
verifiable information" if they think Osama bin Laden is in
Pakistan as he stressed that bin Laden nor Taliban leader Omar
were in the country.
Gilani made the remarks during an interaction with a
delegation of the All Pakistan News Agencies Council in
He said there was "no discussion" on bin Laden with
Clinton during her visit to Pakistan.
"The US should provide evidence if they think Osama
bin Laden is in Pakistan," Gilani was quoted as saying by news
The US or anyone else having "credible and verifiable
information" about the terrorist leaders should share it with
the government, he said.
During an interaction with the media yesterday,
Clinton said she believed bin Laden was still in Pakistan and
that it would be helpful if he and other al-Qaeda and Taliban
leaders were killed or captured.
Clinton has ruffled feathers in Islamabad by
commenting on several occasions since October last year that
bin Laden was present in Pakistan.
Clinton also said the Pakistanis leadership during her visit to Islamabad has been told to take on every non-governmental armed force inside the country.
The US` top diplomat said Pakistan`s intelligence establishment must share with the US any information about movement of bin Laden and al-Qaeda number two Ayman al-Zawahiri.
"I want those guys. I will not be satisfied until we get them," she said in interviews to American TV channels during her just concluded visit to Islamabad.
"...I assume somebody, somebody in this government, from top to bottom, does know where bin Laden is. And I`d like to know too.
So I think we`ve got to keep pressure on, which we are doing," Clinton said.
"I don`t want to put a proximity or timeline on it (getting bin Laden). As I`ve said, we have gotten closer because we have been able to kill a number of their trainers, their operational people, their financiers," Clinton told Fox News channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read