Hillary took `nap` during Obama speech in Myanmar
London: As Barack Obama made history by becoming the first American president to ever visit Myanmar, the Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton, briefly fell asleep during his speech, shows a new video.
Despite sitting next to former political prisoner Aung San Suu Kyi, Clinton, 65, could not be roused by Obama`s stirring rhetoric in support of the fledgling moves towards democracy in Myanmar.
According to the Daily Mail, throughout the speech, CNN cameras panned over the exhausted Hillary Clinton as she sat in the crowd of 1,500 attendees at the University of Yangon.
Hillary Clinton appeared to lose enthusiasm for the speech as it went along and by the end was struggling to keep her eyes open.
Clearly suffering from jet-lag, Hillary Clinton is one of the most travelled Secretaries of State in United States history and is expected to step down in the New Year from her position as America`s top diplomat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution
- Massive reef ecosystem found hiding behind Great Barrier Reef
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples