Hillary warns Iran against any bid to disrupt N-talks
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday warned Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that he will fail if he tries to disrupt the UN nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) review conference.
"If President Ahmadinejad wants to come and announce that Iran will abide by their non-proliferation requirements under the NPT, that would be very good news indeed and we would welcome that," Hillary told reporters.
"But if he believes that by coming, he can somehow divert attention from this very important global effort ... then I don`t believe he will have a particularly receptive audience," she said before the conference opens on Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split