Hillary warns that Syrian state risks collapse
Tokyo: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says time`s running out on Syrian peace hopes and warns that the Syrian state could collapse.
Speaking in Japan, Clinton said today that UN mediator Kofi Annan`s acknowledgement that his peace plan is failing "should be a wake-up call for everyone."
She says last month was the deadliest for the Syrian people in the 16-month revolt against President Bashar Assad. Clinton adds that the opposition "is getting more effective in defense of themselves and going on the offensive against the Syrian military."
Clinton says Assad`s regime must acknowledge that its days are numbered.
She says there`s "still a chance to save the Syrian state from a catastrophic assault that would be very dangerous not only to Syria, but to the region."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir