Hillary warns that Syrian state risks collapse
Tokyo: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says time`s running out on Syrian peace hopes and warns that the Syrian state could collapse.
Speaking in Japan, Clinton said today that UN mediator Kofi Annan`s acknowledgement that his peace plan is failing "should be a wake-up call for everyone."
She says last month was the deadliest for the Syrian people in the 16-month revolt against President Bashar Assad. Clinton adds that the opposition "is getting more effective in defense of themselves and going on the offensive against the Syrian military."
Clinton says Assad`s regime must acknowledge that its days are numbered.
She says there`s "still a chance to save the Syrian state from a catastrophic assault that would be very dangerous not only to Syria, but to the region."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India