Hillary’s love affair with Taj Hotels continues
Mumbai/Kolkata: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton`s love affair with the Taj Hotels continued on her third official visit to India in the past 14 years.
In Kolkata 14 years ago as the US First lady, Clinton had chosen to stay at the Hotel Taj Bengal, an official from the Taj Group said here.
On her current visit to India, Clinton again opted for Hotel Taj Bengal.
With an entourage of nearly 100 personnel including the US media travelling with Clinton, the Hotel Taj Bengal had gone through a rigorous pre-arrival security drill.
She stayed in one of the two Presidential Suites which have separate living and dining rooms.
"A newly renovated Presidential Suite was selected for her which has seen many celebrities over the years. It was specially prepared for Clinton, keeping in mind her taste and requirements," the official said.
K. Mohan Chandran, the Hotel Taj Bengal general manager, described her stay as a "truly memorable experience".
On her last major trip as Secretary of State to India in July 2009, Clinton picked Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai as a mark of respect to those who died there in the 2008 terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...