Hillary’s love affair with Taj Hotels continues
Mumbai/Kolkata: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton`s love affair with the Taj Hotels continued on her third official visit to India in the past 14 years.
In Kolkata 14 years ago as the US First lady, Clinton had chosen to stay at the Hotel Taj Bengal, an official from the Taj Group said here.
On her current visit to India, Clinton again opted for Hotel Taj Bengal.
With an entourage of nearly 100 personnel including the US media travelling with Clinton, the Hotel Taj Bengal had gone through a rigorous pre-arrival security drill.
She stayed in one of the two Presidential Suites which have separate living and dining rooms.
"A newly renovated Presidential Suite was selected for her which has seen many celebrities over the years. It was specially prepared for Clinton, keeping in mind her taste and requirements," the official said.
K. Mohan Chandran, the Hotel Taj Bengal general manager, described her stay as a "truly memorable experience".
On her last major trip as Secretary of State to India in July 2009, Clinton picked Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai as a mark of respect to those who died there in the 2008 terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- World's biggest online piracy site Kickass Torrents shut down, alleged owner arrested
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!