Hillary’s love affair with Taj Hotels continues
Mumbai/Kolkata: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton`s love affair with the Taj Hotels continued on her third official visit to India in the past 14 years.
In Kolkata 14 years ago as the US First lady, Clinton had chosen to stay at the Hotel Taj Bengal, an official from the Taj Group said here.
On her current visit to India, Clinton again opted for Hotel Taj Bengal.
With an entourage of nearly 100 personnel including the US media travelling with Clinton, the Hotel Taj Bengal had gone through a rigorous pre-arrival security drill.
She stayed in one of the two Presidential Suites which have separate living and dining rooms.
"A newly renovated Presidential Suite was selected for her which has seen many celebrities over the years. It was specially prepared for Clinton, keeping in mind her taste and requirements," the official said.
K. Mohan Chandran, the Hotel Taj Bengal general manager, described her stay as a "truly memorable experience".
On her last major trip as Secretary of State to India in July 2009, Clinton picked Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai as a mark of respect to those who died there in the 2008 terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh