Hilton inks deal for more Myanmar hotels
Myanmar: Hilton Worldwide has signed a contract to operate five hotels in Myanmar, which is emerging as a popular Southeast Asian tourist destination after military rule was lifted in 2011.
Hilton is teaming up with Eden Group, a Myanmar conglomerate with businesses from hotels to energy.
Hilton says it will rebrand Eden hotels in the capital Naypyitaw and Ngapali beach in western Rakhine state. It will open hotels in Inle lake in Shan State, Bagan in central Myanmar and the central city of Mandalay.
It plans to open a hotel in Yangon under a separate deal announced last year.
The number of tourists to Myanmar has surged in the past two years though it still lacks sufficient hotel rooms and infrastructure to challenge neighboring Thailand as a major destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron