Hilton inks deal for more Myanmar hotels
Myanmar: Hilton Worldwide has signed a contract to operate five hotels in Myanmar, which is emerging as a popular Southeast Asian tourist destination after military rule was lifted in 2011.
Hilton is teaming up with Eden Group, a Myanmar conglomerate with businesses from hotels to energy.
Hilton says it will rebrand Eden hotels in the capital Naypyitaw and Ngapali beach in western Rakhine state. It will open hotels in Inle lake in Shan State, Bagan in central Myanmar and the central city of Mandalay.
It plans to open a hotel in Yangon under a separate deal announced last year.
The number of tourists to Myanmar has surged in the past two years though it still lacks sufficient hotel rooms and infrastructure to challenge neighboring Thailand as a major destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch