Hitler `had plans to rule world from Hollywood`
London: German dictator Adolf Hitler had a secret Nazi ranch near Hollywood in Los Angeles in the US state of California from where he intended to rule the world had his country won World War II, say historians.
Built by US sympathisers of the Nazi cause, Hilter`s Murphy Ranch was tucked away in the idyllic Los Angeles hills between celebrity mansions and olive trees.
In fact, it was the heavily guarded home to a community of 50 Hollywood fascists who had planned to ride out the war there until the Third Reich was victorious, according to the historians.
The day after Pearl Harbour was bombed on December 07, 1941, police raided the place and took away its occupants.
Now ravaged by time, the property still stands a mile or so from the home of director Steven Spielberg; one of the most haunting landmarks in Los Angeles, it will soon be turned into a picnic area for hikers, the `Sunday Express` reported.
Historian Randy Young said: "This was supposed to be the seat of American fascism from where Hitler would one day rule the US. They may`ve been Nazis but they`re Nazis with taste."
In 1933, the 55-acre ranch was sold by screen cowboy Will Rogers to mining fortune heiress Jessie Murphy who later became enchanted by a charismatic German known only as Herr Schmidt who was secretly Hitler`s special agent in California.
Hitler`s man in Hollywood persuaded her to invest USD four million to equip the property with a diesel power plant, a 375,000 gallon concrete water tank, bomb shelter and 22 bedrooms.
The plan was to turn it into a fascist Utopia where they and their Nazi friends could farm the land and live self-sufficiently far from the world`s gaze until their big moment came, say the historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read