Hitler`s deputy Goering exhumed wife`s body from Sweden
London: Adolf Hitler`s deputy Hermann Goering exhumed the body of his wife, who was buried in Sweden, and reburied her at a massive hunting lodge outside Berlin called "Carinhall" in her memory, forensic experts have found.
Scientists identified the remains of a woman found buried at the estate as those of Goering`s wife Carin, the Daily Mail reported.
Carin Fock, born in Sweden, died aged 42 in 1931 and was buried in her homeland.
But as Goering rose through the Nazi ranks, he had her body exhumed and transported to Berlin.
Later, in 1945 Goering ordered his vast art collection to be transported to safety and had the place blown up with dynamite.
Since then, it has a been an attraction for amateur treasure hunters who pore over the ruins convinced they will find missing masterpieces in the rubble.
In 1991, a chest was found containing human remains which was sent to Sweden`s National Board of Forensic Medicine for identification.
An expert Marie Allen, and Anna Kjellstrom at the Stockholm University osteo-archaeological research laboratory, have now determined whose bones they were.
A comparison of mitochondrial DNA showed identical DNA sequences between the skeleton and Carin Goering`s son, indicating a mother-child relationship.
They also studied nuclear DNA that showed a mother-son relationship.
The results, together with historical data, proved that the remains were of Carin Goering.
After the tests, the remains were reburied in Sweden with family members present.
Goering, who founded the Gestapo secret police, was a prime architect of the Nazi Holocaust. He was sentenced to death at the Nuremberg War Crimes Trials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested