Hitler`s fillings made from gold from Jews` mouths: Book
London: Adolf Hitler had dental fillings made from gold ripped from the mouths of Jews in concentration camps, a new book has revealed.
According to the book `Was Hitler Ill`, based on a newly discovered document, Hitler`s dentist Hugo Blaschke had about 11 pounds of dental gold from the concentration camps at his disposal for the treatment of senior Nazis.
The book`s co-author Henrik Eberle, a historian who has written several successful books on the Nazi leader, said dentist Blaschke had put 10 such fillings in Hitler`s mouth in 1944, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
"The most likely place the gold came from is from the supply Blaschke had from the concentration camps. Most of this came from Jews.”
"Gold from other sources was very hard to find in Germany and that is why I believe that Hitler`s fillings came from Jewish victims of the Nazis," Eberle was quoted by the British newspaper as saying.
It is well established that the Nazis removed gold teeth and fillings from their concentration camp victims. In fact, the new document is a 1941 letter from one of Blaschke`s underlings to the office of SS commander Heinrich Himmler. It states that Blaschke had 50 kilograms of dental gold enough to last for years.
Blaschke was also the personal dentist to Luftwaffe commander Hermann Göring and other senior Nazis. The new book, co-authored by Hans-Joachim Neumann, a professor of medicine at Berlin`s Charité University, has also dismissed popular rumours about Hitler: that he may have had Jewish ancestry, that he was beaten by his father, and that he had a long term drug addiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!