Hitler`s fillings made from gold from Jews` mouths: Book
London: Adolf Hitler had dental fillings made from gold ripped from the mouths of Jews in concentration camps, a new book has revealed.
According to the book `Was Hitler Ill`, based on a newly discovered document, Hitler`s dentist Hugo Blaschke had about 11 pounds of dental gold from the concentration camps at his disposal for the treatment of senior Nazis.
The book`s co-author Henrik Eberle, a historian who has written several successful books on the Nazi leader, said dentist Blaschke had put 10 such fillings in Hitler`s mouth in 1944, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
"The most likely place the gold came from is from the supply Blaschke had from the concentration camps. Most of this came from Jews.”
"Gold from other sources was very hard to find in Germany and that is why I believe that Hitler`s fillings came from Jewish victims of the Nazis," Eberle was quoted by the British newspaper as saying.
It is well established that the Nazis removed gold teeth and fillings from their concentration camp victims. In fact, the new document is a 1941 letter from one of Blaschke`s underlings to the office of SS commander Heinrich Himmler. It states that Blaschke had 50 kilograms of dental gold enough to last for years.
Blaschke was also the personal dentist to Luftwaffe commander Hermann Göring and other senior Nazis. The new book, co-authored by Hans-Joachim Neumann, a professor of medicine at Berlin`s Charité University, has also dismissed popular rumours about Hitler: that he may have had Jewish ancestry, that he was beaten by his father, and that he had a long term drug addiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range