Hitler’s ‘secret UFOs’ planned to attack London, NY?
London: It may sound unbelievable at first, but according to a new claim, Hitler’s scientists built him a ‘flying saucer’ which was to be used to attack New York and London.
The programme, under the command of SS officer Hans Kammler, was said to have made significant breakthroughs in anti-gravity experiments, says a report in the German science magazine PM, reports the Daily Mail.
The magazine quotes eyewitnesses, who believe they saw a flying saucer marked with the Iron Cross of the German military flying low over the Thames in 1944.
It adds that the Germans destroyed much of the paperwork on their activities but in 1960 in Canada, UFO experts managed to recreate the device, which to their amazement, ``did actually fly``.
Prisoners of the Allies claimed to have seen the silvery flying saucer, which was about six yards across, on several occasions.
Joseph Andreas Epp, an engineer on the project, said 15 prototypes were built. He described how a central cockpit was surrounded by rotating adjustable wing-vanes, which formed a circle and gave the craft lift.
After the war, many German scientists helped with the US space programme. Added to that, claims of Igor Witkowski, a Polish former journalist and historian of military and aerospace technology, only add to the theory.
In his book, ``Prawda O Wunderwaffe`` in 2000, he claims that a bell-shaped craft was being created by the Nazis and that Hitler wanted the best scientists and engineers at his disposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka