`Hold to task guilty for attack on UK Embassy`
Washington: US President Barack Obama has
urged the Iranian Government to hold to task those responsible
for the attack on the British Embassy in Tehran.
"I strongly urge the Iranian government to hold those who
are responsible to task. They have a responsibility to protect
diplomatic outposts," Obama said in a joint media availability
with the visiting Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte.
"I think it`s important for me to just note that all of
us, I think, are deeply disturbed by the crashing of the
English embassy of the United Kingdom in Iran. That kind of
behaviour is not acceptable," Obama said.
"That is a basic international obligation that all
countries need to observe. For rioters, essentially, to be
able to overrun the embassy and set it on fire is an
indication that the Iranian government is not taking its
international obligations seriously," he said.
"So obviously, we`re deeply concerned about that
situation and we expect to see some sort of definitive action
sometime very quickly," Obama said in his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars