`Hold to task guilty for attack on UK Embassy`
Washington: US President Barack Obama has
urged the Iranian Government to hold to task those responsible
for the attack on the British Embassy in Tehran.
"I strongly urge the Iranian government to hold those who
are responsible to task. They have a responsibility to protect
diplomatic outposts," Obama said in a joint media availability
with the visiting Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte.
"I think it`s important for me to just note that all of
us, I think, are deeply disturbed by the crashing of the
English embassy of the United Kingdom in Iran. That kind of
behaviour is not acceptable," Obama said.
"That is a basic international obligation that all
countries need to observe. For rioters, essentially, to be
able to overrun the embassy and set it on fire is an
indication that the Iranian government is not taking its
international obligations seriously," he said.
"So obviously, we`re deeply concerned about that
situation and we expect to see some sort of definitive action
sometime very quickly," Obama said in his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption