`Hold to task guilty for attack on UK Embassy`
Washington: US President Barack Obama has
urged the Iranian Government to hold to task those responsible
for the attack on the British Embassy in Tehran.
"I strongly urge the Iranian government to hold those who
are responsible to task. They have a responsibility to protect
diplomatic outposts," Obama said in a joint media availability
with the visiting Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte.
"I think it`s important for me to just note that all of
us, I think, are deeply disturbed by the crashing of the
English embassy of the United Kingdom in Iran. That kind of
behaviour is not acceptable," Obama said.
"That is a basic international obligation that all
countries need to observe. For rioters, essentially, to be
able to overrun the embassy and set it on fire is an
indication that the Iranian government is not taking its
international obligations seriously," he said.
"So obviously, we`re deeply concerned about that
situation and we expect to see some sort of definitive action
sometime very quickly," Obama said in his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah