`Hold to task guilty for attack on UK Embassy`
Washington: US President Barack Obama has
urged the Iranian Government to hold to task those responsible
for the attack on the British Embassy in Tehran.
"I strongly urge the Iranian government to hold those who
are responsible to task. They have a responsibility to protect
diplomatic outposts," Obama said in a joint media availability
with the visiting Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte.
"I think it`s important for me to just note that all of
us, I think, are deeply disturbed by the crashing of the
English embassy of the United Kingdom in Iran. That kind of
behaviour is not acceptable," Obama said.
"That is a basic international obligation that all
countries need to observe. For rioters, essentially, to be
able to overrun the embassy and set it on fire is an
indication that the Iranian government is not taking its
international obligations seriously," he said.
"So obviously, we`re deeply concerned about that
situation and we expect to see some sort of definitive action
sometime very quickly," Obama said in his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred