Hollande vows to reduce number of jobless in France
Paris: Outlining the Socialists` economic and financial roadmap for 2014, French President Francois Hollande on Friday reitereated his promises to bring down the double digit jobless rate and restore the country`s public finances.
"The deficit reduction should be achieved by making savings in state spending, local authorities and social security and which will reduce taxes," Xinhua quoted government spokesperson Najat Vallaud-Belkcaem as saying.
As a rampant jobless rate that clouded his ruling since his arrival to the Elysee Palace in 2012, Hollande announced a new mechanism "the liability pact" to realise his promise to bring down the growing slice of jobseekers.
According to Vallaud-Belkacem, also minister for women rights, the French head of state recalled his "offer to the companies of a new way to hire more and be more innovative and in return they will have a possible reduction in labor charges".
In the New Year`s greetings message, Hollande said there was a need for "the mobilisation of all forces to gain the battle (against the unemployment)," currently at 10.9 percent.
"Results are slow to come but they are here," he said after fresh data figures showed a still rising unemployment trend despite the state-sponsored job contracts and labour reforms.
In the New Year greetings to his executive staff, the French leader affirmed that creating jobs, narrowing the budget gap and promoting growth would top the government`s agenda this year after witnessing a stagnated growth and record job claims in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video