Holmes was about to be kicked out of Colorado home
Washington: James Holmes, who is alleged to have opened fire during a packed midnight screening of the Batman film ``The Dark Knight Rises”, in the US, was just days away from possibly being kicked out from his Colorado apartment when he carried out the shooting rampage.
Two residents of Holmes’ apartment building said that the ‘Batman obsessed’ killer was asked to move out of the flat within 30 days.
“In order to live in the complex you MUST be enrolled in the university. As soon as your student status is axed, you only have 30 days to move out,” they told TMZ.
Holmes was a University of Colorado student at one time, but school officials said he dropped out in June.
According to the report, that means Holmes was just about at the end of his 30-day grace period to move out of his apartment when he took an arsenal of weapons to a local theatre in Denver and opened fire, killing 12 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September