Holmes was about to be kicked out of Colorado home
Washington: James Holmes, who is alleged to have opened fire during a packed midnight screening of the Batman film ``The Dark Knight Rises”, in the US, was just days away from possibly being kicked out from his Colorado apartment when he carried out the shooting rampage.
Two residents of Holmes’ apartment building said that the ‘Batman obsessed’ killer was asked to move out of the flat within 30 days.
“In order to live in the complex you MUST be enrolled in the university. As soon as your student status is axed, you only have 30 days to move out,” they told TMZ.
Holmes was a University of Colorado student at one time, but school officials said he dropped out in June.
According to the report, that means Holmes was just about at the end of his 30-day grace period to move out of his apartment when he took an arsenal of weapons to a local theatre in Denver and opened fire, killing 12 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'