Holocaust museum shooter was targeting Obama advisor
Washington: An 88-year-old white supremacist, who killed a security guard last year at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, was also targeting one of President Barack Obama`s closest advisors, US magazine Time reported on Thursday.
James Von Brunn, who died in prison seven months after the museum shooting, planned to kill senior advisor David Axelrod, claiming that Obama was simply "too hard to reach", Time magazine reported.
Federal police were reportedly startled that Von Brunn had the capability and motive to target Axelrod and began putting out alerts on the wider threat from home-grown terrorists. The Secret Service increased protection of Axelrod and took other measures.
Von Brunn attacked the Holocaust Museum in June 2009, shooting and killing a security guard before being shot and wounded by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say