Holocaust museum shooter was targeting Obama advisor
Washington: An 88-year-old white supremacist, who killed a security guard last year at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, was also targeting one of President Barack Obama`s closest advisors, US magazine Time reported on Thursday.
James Von Brunn, who died in prison seven months after the museum shooting, planned to kill senior advisor David Axelrod, claiming that Obama was simply "too hard to reach", Time magazine reported.
Federal police were reportedly startled that Von Brunn had the capability and motive to target Axelrod and began putting out alerts on the wider threat from home-grown terrorists. The Secret Service increased protection of Axelrod and took other measures.
Von Brunn attacked the Holocaust Museum in June 2009, shooting and killing a security guard before being shot and wounded by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre