Honduran diplomat`s son slain
Tegucigalpa: A son of Honduras` former ambassador to the Organization of American States, Carlos Sosa Coello, was fatally shot Friday, his father said.
"We Hondurans experience this scourge every day," the diplomat told reporters, confirming that Carlos Alejandro Sosa Chavez, 32, was murdered.
Sosa Chavez, who leaves behind a wife and a six-month-old daughter, was found dead on a street near El Trapiche, a residential area in Tegucigalpa.
The victim and his family were due to leave soon for a vacation in France, Sosa Coello said.
Honduras` 2011 homicide rate of 92 murders per 100,000 people was one of the highest in the world, UN experts said in a recent report.
About 18 violent deaths occur in the Central American country daily, according to figures compiled by the National Police and human rights groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'