Honduran diplomat`s son slain
Tegucigalpa: A son of Honduras` former ambassador to the Organization of American States, Carlos Sosa Coello, was fatally shot Friday, his father said.
"We Hondurans experience this scourge every day," the diplomat told reporters, confirming that Carlos Alejandro Sosa Chavez, 32, was murdered.
Sosa Chavez, who leaves behind a wife and a six-month-old daughter, was found dead on a street near El Trapiche, a residential area in Tegucigalpa.
The victim and his family were due to leave soon for a vacation in France, Sosa Coello said.
Honduras` 2011 homicide rate of 92 murders per 100,000 people was one of the highest in the world, UN experts said in a recent report.
About 18 violent deaths occur in the Central American country daily, according to figures compiled by the National Police and human rights groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!