Honduras prohibits visit of crisis negotiators
Tegucigalpa: Honduras` interim government
announced on Sunday that it was cancelling a visit by foreign
delegates aimed at resolving the country`s political crisis
because it could not accept the participation of a regional
official who insists on reinstating the ousted President.
Interim President Roberto Micheletti is willing to
reschedule the delegation`s visit, previously planned for
Tuesday -- as long as Organization of American States chief
Jose Miguel Insulza is excluded, the Foreign Ministry said in
The Washington-based OAS, a long-established
hemispheric body promoting democracy, development and legal
cooperation in the Americas, on Friday named the delegation
comprising foreign ministers from Argentina, Canada, Costa
Rica, Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
The group`s mission was to try to persuade Micheletti
to negotiate with international mediators seeking to return
President Manuel Zelaya, who was ousted in a coup on June 28.
But in addition to insisting that he accompany the
delegation, Insulza failed to include foreign ministers who
might be open to "reconsidering our position," the statement
said, which "has made it impossible to hold the visit" now.
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended