Honduras prohibits visit of crisis negotiators
Tegucigalpa: Honduras` interim government
announced on Sunday that it was cancelling a visit by foreign
delegates aimed at resolving the country`s political crisis
because it could not accept the participation of a regional
official who insists on reinstating the ousted President.
Interim President Roberto Micheletti is willing to
reschedule the delegation`s visit, previously planned for
Tuesday -- as long as Organization of American States chief
Jose Miguel Insulza is excluded, the Foreign Ministry said in
The Washington-based OAS, a long-established
hemispheric body promoting democracy, development and legal
cooperation in the Americas, on Friday named the delegation
comprising foreign ministers from Argentina, Canada, Costa
Rica, Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
The group`s mission was to try to persuade Micheletti
to negotiate with international mediators seeking to return
President Manuel Zelaya, who was ousted in a coup on June 28.
But in addition to insisting that he accompany the
delegation, Insulza failed to include foreign ministers who
might be open to "reconsidering our position," the statement
said, which "has made it impossible to hold the visit" now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users