Hong Kong`s Muslims protest against anti-Islam film
Hong Kong: Thousands of Muslims in Hong Kong rallied against a film that allegedly insults Islam, and briefly scuffled with policemen outside the US consulate when they tried to deliver a letter of protest.
The demonstrators Sunday gathered at the Chater Garden in the city centre for a rally organised by local religious and community groups, News Agencies reported.
Organisers said about 5,000 people took part in the protest, while police put the figure at 3,000.
Protesters prayed in the direction of Mecca, and held up placards condemning the film "Innocence of Muslims", deemed as an insult to Prophet Mohammad.
They demanded that the US take action against those who made the film. Some protesters also burned US flags made of paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi