Hong Kong`s Muslims protest against anti-Islam film
Hong Kong: Thousands of Muslims in Hong Kong rallied against a film that allegedly insults Islam, and briefly scuffled with policemen outside the US consulate when they tried to deliver a letter of protest.
The demonstrators Sunday gathered at the Chater Garden in the city centre for a rally organised by local religious and community groups, News Agencies reported.
Organisers said about 5,000 people took part in the protest, while police put the figure at 3,000.
Protesters prayed in the direction of Mecca, and held up placards condemning the film "Innocence of Muslims", deemed as an insult to Prophet Mohammad.
They demanded that the US take action against those who made the film. Some protesters also burned US flags made of paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons