Hong Kong`s Muslims protest against anti-Islam film
Hong Kong: Thousands of Muslims in Hong Kong rallied against a film that allegedly insults Islam, and briefly scuffled with policemen outside the US consulate when they tried to deliver a letter of protest.
The demonstrators Sunday gathered at the Chater Garden in the city centre for a rally organised by local religious and community groups, News Agencies reported.
Organisers said about 5,000 people took part in the protest, while police put the figure at 3,000.
Protesters prayed in the direction of Mecca, and held up placards condemning the film "Innocence of Muslims", deemed as an insult to Prophet Mohammad.
They demanded that the US take action against those who made the film. Some protesters also burned US flags made of paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note