Hong Kong`s Muslims protest against anti-Islam film
Hong Kong: Thousands of Muslims in Hong Kong rallied against a film that allegedly insults Islam, and briefly scuffled with policemen outside the US consulate when they tried to deliver a letter of protest.
The demonstrators Sunday gathered at the Chater Garden in the city centre for a rally organised by local religious and community groups, News Agencies reported.
Organisers said about 5,000 people took part in the protest, while police put the figure at 3,000.
Protesters prayed in the direction of Mecca, and held up placards condemning the film "Innocence of Muslims", deemed as an insult to Prophet Mohammad.
They demanded that the US take action against those who made the film. Some protesters also burned US flags made of paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown