Hong Kong`s Muslims protest against anti-Islam film
Hong Kong: Thousands of Muslims in Hong Kong rallied against a film that allegedly insults Islam, and briefly scuffled with policemen outside the US consulate when they tried to deliver a letter of protest.
The demonstrators Sunday gathered at the Chater Garden in the city centre for a rally organised by local religious and community groups, News Agencies reported.
Organisers said about 5,000 people took part in the protest, while police put the figure at 3,000.
Protesters prayed in the direction of Mecca, and held up placards condemning the film "Innocence of Muslims", deemed as an insult to Prophet Mohammad.
They demanded that the US take action against those who made the film. Some protesters also burned US flags made of paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy