Hosni Mubarak retrial adjourned to October 19
Cairo: An Egyptian court Saturday adjourned the retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak to Oct 19 over the alleged complicity in killing protesters during the 2011 uprising, Xinhua reported.
The case involves Mubarak`s two sons, Alaa and Gamal, former interior minister Habib Al Adli and six of his aides, and fugitive businessman Hussein Salem.
The Cairo Criminal Court decided to listen to more testimonies of ex-officials, including former intelligence chief, and the current minister of petroleum. It ordered ban on airing the next hearings of the retrial.
In his first trial in June 2012, Mubarak was sentenced to life, but later the Court of Cassation ordered his retrial which started May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah