Hosni Mubarak retrial adjourned to October 19
Cairo: An Egyptian court Saturday adjourned the retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak to Oct 19 over the alleged complicity in killing protesters during the 2011 uprising, Xinhua reported.
The case involves Mubarak`s two sons, Alaa and Gamal, former interior minister Habib Al Adli and six of his aides, and fugitive businessman Hussein Salem.
The Cairo Criminal Court decided to listen to more testimonies of ex-officials, including former intelligence chief, and the current minister of petroleum. It ordered ban on airing the next hearings of the retrial.
In his first trial in June 2012, Mubarak was sentenced to life, but later the Court of Cassation ordered his retrial which started May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out