Hosni Mubarak retrial adjourned to October 19
Cairo: An Egyptian court Saturday adjourned the retrial of former president Hosni Mubarak to Oct 19 over the alleged complicity in killing protesters during the 2011 uprising, Xinhua reported.
The case involves Mubarak`s two sons, Alaa and Gamal, former interior minister Habib Al Adli and six of his aides, and fugitive businessman Hussein Salem.
The Cairo Criminal Court decided to listen to more testimonies of ex-officials, including former intelligence chief, and the current minister of petroleum. It ordered ban on airing the next hearings of the retrial.
In his first trial in June 2012, Mubarak was sentenced to life, but later the Court of Cassation ordered his retrial which started May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur