Hosni Mubarak still in Egypt: PM
Cairo: Hosni Mubarak, who stepped down on Friday as Egypt`s president, is still in the country`s Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has said.
"Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq announced on Sunday that former president Hosni Mubarak is in Sharm el-Sheikh up to now," Xinhua quoted official MENA news agency as saying.
Mubarak, who was forced to resign after mass protests, left Cairo with his family to Sharm el-Sheikh. The military took charge of the country after more than two weeks of protests against his 30-year rule.
Shafiq also said that Egypt`s economic situation was "stable".
"Our internal economic position is solid and cohesive," he said. "We have enough reserves in the coming period and our situation is comforting, very comforting."
But he added that if instability continues "some obstacles may occur and there may be some delay”, without giving further details.
(With Agencies’ inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy