Hosni Mubarak still in Egypt: PM
Cairo: Hosni Mubarak, who stepped down on Friday as Egypt`s president, is still in the country`s Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has said.
"Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq announced on Sunday that former president Hosni Mubarak is in Sharm el-Sheikh up to now," Xinhua quoted official MENA news agency as saying.
Mubarak, who was forced to resign after mass protests, left Cairo with his family to Sharm el-Sheikh. The military took charge of the country after more than two weeks of protests against his 30-year rule.
Shafiq also said that Egypt`s economic situation was "stable".
"Our internal economic position is solid and cohesive," he said. "We have enough reserves in the coming period and our situation is comforting, very comforting."
But he added that if instability continues "some obstacles may occur and there may be some delay”, without giving further details.
(With Agencies’ inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez