Hosni Mubarak still in Egypt: PM
Cairo: Hosni Mubarak, who stepped down on Friday as Egypt`s president, is still in the country`s Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has said.
"Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq announced on Sunday that former president Hosni Mubarak is in Sharm el-Sheikh up to now," Xinhua quoted official MENA news agency as saying.
Mubarak, who was forced to resign after mass protests, left Cairo with his family to Sharm el-Sheikh. The military took charge of the country after more than two weeks of protests against his 30-year rule.
Shafiq also said that Egypt`s economic situation was "stable".
"Our internal economic position is solid and cohesive," he said. "We have enough reserves in the coming period and our situation is comforting, very comforting."
But he added that if instability continues "some obstacles may occur and there may be some delay”, without giving further details.
(With Agencies’ inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued