Hosni Mubarak still in Egypt: PM
Cairo: Hosni Mubarak, who stepped down on Friday as Egypt`s president, is still in the country`s Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has said.
"Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq announced on Sunday that former president Hosni Mubarak is in Sharm el-Sheikh up to now," Xinhua quoted official MENA news agency as saying.
Mubarak, who was forced to resign after mass protests, left Cairo with his family to Sharm el-Sheikh. The military took charge of the country after more than two weeks of protests against his 30-year rule.
Shafiq also said that Egypt`s economic situation was "stable".
"Our internal economic position is solid and cohesive," he said. "We have enough reserves in the coming period and our situation is comforting, very comforting."
But he added that if instability continues "some obstacles may occur and there may be some delay”, without giving further details.
(With Agencies’ inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug