Hosni Mubarak suffers head injury after fall
Cairo: Hosni Mubarak, the ousted Egyptian president who is serving a life sentence, has suffered a head injury and bruising after he fell in the bathroom.
84-year-old Mubarak fell in the bathroom of his hospital room, state-run MENA news agency quoted a security source in the Prisons Authority as saying.
A medical team supervising his condition attended him immediately, the source said, adding that Mubarak has suffered head injury and bruising. The source, however, did not disclose when the incident took place.
Mubarak is currently serving a life sentence in Tora prison hospital for not preventing the murder of protesters during the last year`s popular uprising against his regime.
The former strongman who ruled Egypt with an iron-fist occupying the sprawling presidential palace in Cairo for nearly three decades from 1981 to 2011 was ousted after 18 days of demonstrations during the revolution.
On 2 June 2012, Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment by an Egyptian court which convicted him of complicity in the murder of protesters during the uprising.
After sentencing, his health condition deteriorated and he suffered a series of health crises, including a stroke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read