Hosni Mubarak`s appeal rejected, to stay in prison
Cairo: The Cairo Criminal Court on Sunday refused an appeal by former president Hosni Mubarak and decided to keep him in prison pending investigations in a case related to illicit gains, state media reported.
The appeal was submitted against the April 24 decision by the illicit gains authority to renew Mubarak`s detention for 15 more days over making illicit gains using his power, Xinhua cited Nile TV as saying.
The court`s decision came after the authority sent a judicial commission to Tora prison and interrogated the ex-president for about five hours over graft and illicit gains charges.
On April 20, the Court of Appeals decided to temporarily release Mubarak in the case, but still ordered to keep him in custody in other cases.
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment in June 2012 over his involvement in the killing of protesters during the 2011 uprising. He later appealed the verdict, and in January, the Court of Cassation accepted the appeals of Mubarak and his interior minister Habib al-Adli and ordered their retrial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere