Hosni Mubarak`s culture minister charged with corr
Cairo: Egypt`s official news agency says ousted leader Hosni Mubarak`s longtime culture minister has been charged with corruption and referred to trial.
The news agency also reported today that Mubarak, his wife and two children are being investigated for new corruption allegations, though no new charges have been brought yet.
Mubarak is serving a life sentence on a conviction of complicity in the killing of hundreds of protesters during last year`s uprising against his rule.
Farouq Hosni, who served as culture minister for most of Mubarak`s 29 year-rule, allegedly failed to account for 18 million Egyptian pounds of his wealth during a Justice Ministry investigation.
Hosni joins some three dozen stalwarts of the Mubarak regime who face corruption charges. Some of them have been convicted, while others are still on trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch