Hosni Mubarak`s culture minister charged with corr
Cairo: Egypt`s official news agency says ousted leader Hosni Mubarak`s longtime culture minister has been charged with corruption and referred to trial.
The news agency also reported today that Mubarak, his wife and two children are being investigated for new corruption allegations, though no new charges have been brought yet.
Mubarak is serving a life sentence on a conviction of complicity in the killing of hundreds of protesters during last year`s uprising against his rule.
Farouq Hosni, who served as culture minister for most of Mubarak`s 29 year-rule, allegedly failed to account for 18 million Egyptian pounds of his wealth during a Justice Ministry investigation.
Hosni joins some three dozen stalwarts of the Mubarak regime who face corruption charges. Some of them have been convicted, while others are still on trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon