Hosni Mubarak`s culture minister charged with corr
Cairo: Egypt`s official news agency says ousted leader Hosni Mubarak`s longtime culture minister has been charged with corruption and referred to trial.
The news agency also reported today that Mubarak, his wife and two children are being investigated for new corruption allegations, though no new charges have been brought yet.
Mubarak is serving a life sentence on a conviction of complicity in the killing of hundreds of protesters during last year`s uprising against his rule.
Farouq Hosni, who served as culture minister for most of Mubarak`s 29 year-rule, allegedly failed to account for 18 million Egyptian pounds of his wealth during a Justice Ministry investigation.
Hosni joins some three dozen stalwarts of the Mubarak regime who face corruption charges. Some of them have been convicted, while others are still on trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj