Hosni Mubarak`s culture minister charged with corr
Cairo: Egypt`s official news agency says ousted leader Hosni Mubarak`s longtime culture minister has been charged with corruption and referred to trial.
The news agency also reported today that Mubarak, his wife and two children are being investigated for new corruption allegations, though no new charges have been brought yet.
Mubarak is serving a life sentence on a conviction of complicity in the killing of hundreds of protesters during last year`s uprising against his rule.
Farouq Hosni, who served as culture minister for most of Mubarak`s 29 year-rule, allegedly failed to account for 18 million Egyptian pounds of his wealth during a Justice Ministry investigation.
Hosni joins some three dozen stalwarts of the Mubarak regime who face corruption charges. Some of them have been convicted, while others are still on trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why