Hosni Mubarak`s leg surgery successful, health critical: Lawyer
Cairo: Ousted Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak received a successful leg surgery after falling and breaking his left thigh bone Thursday night, but his general health condition is still critical, his lawyer said Friday.
"Mubarak fell down on his way to the bathroom and fractured the top of his left thigh bone severely," Farid al- Deeb was quoted as saying, adding that " the surgery lasted for three hours and he could recognize me and talk to me now".
The 86-year-old ex-president, who was ousted following mass protests in early 2011, is currently detained in Maadi Military Hospital while facing several trials over responsibility for killing protesters and corruption charges.
On May 21, Mubarak was sentenced to three years in prison and his two sons, Gamal and Alaa, were sentenced to four years, as they, along with other four of Mubarak`s aides, were charged with misappropriating 100 million Egyptian pounds ($14 million) of funds intended to refurbish the presidential palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical