Hosni Mubarak`s leg surgery successful, health critical: Lawyer
Cairo: Ousted Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak received a successful leg surgery after falling and breaking his left thigh bone Thursday night, but his general health condition is still critical, his lawyer said Friday.
"Mubarak fell down on his way to the bathroom and fractured the top of his left thigh bone severely," Farid al- Deeb was quoted as saying, adding that " the surgery lasted for three hours and he could recognize me and talk to me now".
The 86-year-old ex-president, who was ousted following mass protests in early 2011, is currently detained in Maadi Military Hospital while facing several trials over responsibility for killing protesters and corruption charges.
On May 21, Mubarak was sentenced to three years in prison and his two sons, Gamal and Alaa, were sentenced to four years, as they, along with other four of Mubarak`s aides, were charged with misappropriating 100 million Egyptian pounds ($14 million) of funds intended to refurbish the presidential palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Out of 10 civic bodies, Shiv Sena ahead in BMC and Thane; BJP in 7, NCP in Pimpri Chinchwad