Hostage-taker shot dead in China
Guangzhou: Police in South China`s Guangdong province shot and killed a man who took a child hostage on Saturday morning.
The incident happened when a knife-wielding man allegedly took a girl hostage in the Huadu district of Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong, according to the city`s Public Security Bureau, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
Police said the man demanded to be taken via police vehicle to an area near the Guangzhou railway station. Police shot the man after he was spotted assaulting the girl with a knife.
The injured girl was rescued and is undergoing an operation at a local hospital. An investigation into the incident is under way.
The incident was the second instance of hostage-taking to occur in China this summer. On July 19, police shot and killed a man who took a female security officer hostage at a subway station in Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks
- Govt in damage control mode after African envoys demand action against 'Afro-phobia'
- Bajrangi Dal camp row: CPI(M) questions SP govt silence, calls on President to take action