Hostage-taker shot dead in China
Guangzhou: Police in South China`s Guangdong province shot and killed a man who took a child hostage on Saturday morning.
The incident happened when a knife-wielding man allegedly took a girl hostage in the Huadu district of Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong, according to the city`s Public Security Bureau, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
Police said the man demanded to be taken via police vehicle to an area near the Guangzhou railway station. Police shot the man after he was spotted assaulting the girl with a knife.
The injured girl was rescued and is undergoing an operation at a local hospital. An investigation into the incident is under way.
The incident was the second instance of hostage-taking to occur in China this summer. On July 19, police shot and killed a man who took a female security officer hostage at a subway station in Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore