Hot air balloons collide in Turkey, two dead
Ankara: A hot air balloon crashed while flying over a popular tourist destination in Turkey, and collided with another balloon just 300 metres above the ground, killing two people and injuring 23 on Monday.
The crash occurred around 6 am over Cappadocia in the central province of Nevsehir, Xinhua reported citing the Today`s Zaman website.
A Brazilian tourist was killed at the scene, while another Brazilian died in a hospital.
Provincial Mayor Hasan Unver said balloon travel will not be affected by the accident and flights will resume Tuesday.
In previous accidents involving hot air balloons, a balloon exploded in Egypt`s Luxor in February, killing 19 tourists including nine Chinese.
In May 2009, another hot air balloon incident in Cappadocia killed a Briton and injured eight other people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption