Hot air balloons collide in Turkey, two dead
Ankara: A hot air balloon crashed while flying over a popular tourist destination in Turkey, and collided with another balloon just 300 metres above the ground, killing two people and injuring 23 on Monday.
The crash occurred around 6 am over Cappadocia in the central province of Nevsehir, Xinhua reported citing the Today`s Zaman website.
A Brazilian tourist was killed at the scene, while another Brazilian died in a hospital.
Provincial Mayor Hasan Unver said balloon travel will not be affected by the accident and flights will resume Tuesday.
In previous accidents involving hot air balloons, a balloon exploded in Egypt`s Luxor in February, killing 19 tourists including nine Chinese.
In May 2009, another hot air balloon incident in Cappadocia killed a Briton and injured eight other people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery