Hot air balloons collide in Turkey, two dead
Ankara: A hot air balloon crashed while flying over a popular tourist destination in Turkey, and collided with another balloon just 300 metres above the ground, killing two people and injuring 23 on Monday.
The crash occurred around 6 am over Cappadocia in the central province of Nevsehir, Xinhua reported citing the Today`s Zaman website.
A Brazilian tourist was killed at the scene, while another Brazilian died in a hospital.
Provincial Mayor Hasan Unver said balloon travel will not be affected by the accident and flights will resume Tuesday.
In previous accidents involving hot air balloons, a balloon exploded in Egypt`s Luxor in February, killing 19 tourists including nine Chinese.
In May 2009, another hot air balloon incident in Cappadocia killed a Briton and injured eight other people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudis say five guards killed in clashes on Yemen border
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses
- Who is this little singer with beautiful voice that even Shreya Ghoshal wants to meet! Watch video
- Nita Ambani provided a VVIP security cover
- Is Parliament video bigger security breach than inviting ISI at air base: AAP