Hot air balloons collide in Turkey, two dead
Ankara: A hot air balloon crashed while flying over a popular tourist destination in Turkey, and collided with another balloon just 300 metres above the ground, killing two people and injuring 23 on Monday.
The crash occurred around 6 am over Cappadocia in the central province of Nevsehir, Xinhua reported citing the Today`s Zaman website.
A Brazilian tourist was killed at the scene, while another Brazilian died in a hospital.
Provincial Mayor Hasan Unver said balloon travel will not be affected by the accident and flights will resume Tuesday.
In previous accidents involving hot air balloons, a balloon exploded in Egypt`s Luxor in February, killing 19 tourists including nine Chinese.
In May 2009, another hot air balloon incident in Cappadocia killed a Briton and injured eight other people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone