House fire in France kills five children
Paris: Authorities say five young siblings have died after a fire erupted in a home in northern France.
Rescue team official Thierry Oberlin told France-2 TV today that the children`s father escaped the inferno late yesterday in the town of Saint Quentin, about 150 kilometres north of Paris.
Oberlin says the father, who reportedly sustained light burns, contacted a neighbour who alerted authorities.
French media, citing unidentified local authorities, reported that the children were aged 2 to 10. A top local government official did not immediately respond to messages.
Separately, authorities said another fire erupted overnight in the northern Paris suburb of Aubervilliers, killing three people and injuring 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani