House fire in France kills five children
Paris: Authorities say five young siblings have died after a fire erupted in a home in northern France.
Rescue team official Thierry Oberlin told France-2 TV today that the children`s father escaped the inferno late yesterday in the town of Saint Quentin, about 150 kilometres north of Paris.
Oberlin says the father, who reportedly sustained light burns, contacted a neighbour who alerted authorities.
French media, citing unidentified local authorities, reported that the children were aged 2 to 10. A top local government official did not immediately respond to messages.
Separately, authorities said another fire erupted overnight in the northern Paris suburb of Aubervilliers, killing three people and injuring 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video