House fire in France kills five children
Paris: Authorities say five young siblings have died after a fire erupted in a home in northern France.
Rescue team official Thierry Oberlin told France-2 TV today that the children`s father escaped the inferno late yesterday in the town of Saint Quentin, about 150 kilometres north of Paris.
Oberlin says the father, who reportedly sustained light burns, contacted a neighbour who alerted authorities.
French media, citing unidentified local authorities, reported that the children were aged 2 to 10. A top local government official did not immediately respond to messages.
Separately, authorities said another fire erupted overnight in the northern Paris suburb of Aubervilliers, killing three people and injuring 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH